The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has amended Louisiana’s major disaster declaration to include five additional parishes impacted by Hurricane Barry.
Lafayette Parish- Public Assistance
Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Bernard and St. Martin Parishes- Public Assistance
Categories A-B (including direct federal assistance)
The Public Assistance categories are as follows:
• Category A: Debris Removal.
• Category B: Emergency Protective Measures.
• Category C: Roads and Bridges.
• Category D: Water Control Facilities.
• Category E: Buildings and Equipment.
• Category F: Utilities.
• Category G: Parks, Recreational Facilities and Other Items
Note: The state has earlier submitted a second amendment request to FEMA for this disaster declaration based on damage assessment data. That request would expand Public Assistance for Pointe Coupee and St. Martin Parishes to include Categories C-G. It also includes a request for Cameron Parish and St. Tammany Parish to receive Categories A-B and for St. Landry Parish to receive Categories A-G.
The request is still pending.
Click here for the major disaster declaration approved by President Trump on August 27.