The Office of Governor John Bel Edwards offers commemorative documents as a courtesy to Louisiana citizens.  Request for commemorative documents are reviewed and approved through the Office of Constituent Services and are granted with discretion. Please note that these public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding.  An official statement is 8 ½ x 11 and a proclamation is 8 ½ x 14 in size.

Official Statement or Certificate of Acknowledgement

An official statement/certificate of acknowledgement is an 8.5" x 11" document recognizing a special event or milestone which includes:

  • Birthday (60 and beyond)
  • Eagle Scout Award
  • Girl Scout Honor
  • Retirement
  • Reunion
  • Wedding Anniversary
  • Community Event, Celebration or Festival

Click here to submit an official statement request.


A proclamation is an 8.5" x 14" document proclaiming a day, week or month that brings awareness to causes affecting Louisiana citizens. These documents are granted to in-state organizations and are not granted for individuals. The guidelines for a proclamation include:

  • The draft proclamation must detail the cause or issue to be highlight. It should not simply name or list your organization.
  • A proclamation issued by the governor does not constitute an endorsement by the governor or his support for the issue, project, cause, or program and should not be used as part of an advertisement or commercial promotion.
  • Draft language for a proclamation in "Whereas, Therefore" format must be provided.
  • Only one original copy of each proclamation will be made.
  • Proclamations are not sent to out-of-state individuals or organizations.
  • All proclamations are limited to 200 words.

Click here to submit a proclamation request.

Timing Your Request

Request for all commemorative documents must be submitted at least 14 business days in advance and no earlier than 90 days of the recognized date. All requests must be submitted through the links above.

If you have any questions, you may contact the Governor’s Office of Constituent Services at (225)342-0991 or (866)366-1121.